Monday, January 29, 2007

Toy hoarding

GRRRR. Gage's toy hoarding is driving me crazy! He always has to have a hand full of toys where ever we go. These toys are usually some sort of vehicle. Mostly the CARS characters these days. When you tell him to get ready to go he starts collecting them. By the time we are ready to leave we've got 3-6 toys we have to take along. He also does this for bed time. I don't see how he can sleep with all those toys surrounding him! Last night we had a big Lightning McQueen, a big Hess helicopter, small doc, small Sally, Medium Mator, 3 Thomas trains, a stuffed puppy, stuffed pig and stuffed bear. And I think I may have missed some somewhere. The toys seem to give him some sort of comfort. I guess its the familiarity of them in unfamiliar places. They often get left behind in the car. Cleaning out the car can be fun because we find forgotten friends that are like having a new toy again. My favorite thing he does is call out for one of them when he can't find them. The other night it was Doc. He went around the house calling "DOC!! Where are you?" With such limited language I love to hear all those words strung together. I guess for a while we will just have to have these tag along friends. If only I could convince him to carry them in a bag.

No comments: