Friday, February 2, 2007

Ladies Man

Gage has always loved the ladies. He is much quicker to acknowledge a female than a male. Well, according to reports, this is also the case at school. Gage's main social skill is saying "hi" to get someones attention. At school the other day during free play in the gym he must have taken a fancy to the "older women" in his class, the 5 year old girls. He went up to one of them and said "hi" repeatedly the tried to hold her hand. When she finally figured out what he wanted the little girl (there are typical kids in his class) walked along with him holding his hand. He did this again with another girl. His therapist told me that before long he was walking through the gym (very proud of himself) with 2 little girls on each arm. (He must be taking after his Uncle Lee) And the girls evidently had some little tiffs over who was going to hold his hand next. I wish I had been there in person to see my little Don Juan in action. But I'm not all that surprised. He has a 5 year old sister at home whom he adores and he has always liked females. I'm hoping that maybe some of these older girls will take an interest in him and try to include him in social situations and games. I guess it good he's so cute!

No comments: