Wednesday, January 17, 2007

School: Its comming all too fast!

I received the school districts newsletter in the mail the other day and there it was... right on the front page..."Kindergarten Registration is March 19th" Just as I was recovering from the trauma (mostly mine) of sending my "baby" to a special needs preschool weeks before he turned 3 I get this in the mail! It seems like yesterday Makinna was a tiny little baby and now I will be registering her for Kindergarten. Of course she is ready. Oh yes she lives for preschool! She is quite the social butterfly. When I pick her up we walk out to the car and she insists on yelling across the parking lot "Bye Katie!!" "Bye Megan!!" She yells goodbye to anyone she sees as we leave (except the boys of course). Before my eyes she is metamorphosing into a beautiful young girl. No longer the chubby cheeked toddler who wanted to wear nothing but the same holey sweatpants. Now she is a tall, slender, blond, who insists that her headbands match her outfit. I remember a time when she was a baby up every 3 hours that I thought the endless nights would never end. That girl cried for the whole first year! But alas they have! Now she sleeps through the night, wears big girl panties, and even sets the table for dinner, but the hard part of parenting is just beginning I suspect. With school comes the influence of peers and teachers. I hope we have laid a good foundation as parents and provided her with the warm nest to retreat to. Yes this school thing is coming way to fast for me. Next year I will have one in school all day and one in school half a day. Hmmmm wait a minute this may not be so bad!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.