Wednesday, May 2, 2007

MOMMY!!!!

Makinna is 5 and I hear it every 5 minutes...... "MOMMY!!" "Mommy I need a drink" , "mommy I'm hungry" , "mommy I'm ready to wipe" After a while you hear "MOMMY!!" and you cringe thinking "oh God what now?! Can't I even get the dishes put in the dish washer?" But about a month ago I heard it. "MOMMY!!" from another room. But wait Makinna was sitting right next to me. Who could that be? Could it really be...... GAGE! He was actually calling my name ! Oh the joy!
Now I frequently hear my name in stereo from both kids. Of course Makinna will attach a request on hers. Gage just calls me and I of course go running. (have to reinforce that behavior!!) I have come to appreciate so many things having Gage as my son. The sound of your name being called. When you have typical kids it gets tiresome but when you have a child who doesn't speak much it is music. Gage teaches me something almost everyday. (most days he teaches me that I have more patience than I could have ever imagined) I have learned to appreciate the little things. And I have also learned not to take for granted all the fantastic and wonderful things that Makinna can do. Although autism has been a burden for this family it has also highlighted our blessings.
OH have to go I hear it again........"MOMMY!!"

No comments: