Thursday, April 10, 2008

Makinna-isms


Today Makinna and I played hooky. She only had a half day and she had an eye doctors appt so I decided to just keep her home and we would have a "girls day" with no little brother.
Well as a treat we decided to go out to lunch at Applebees. In the restaurant they have framed pictures everywhere and this one is the one right at our table. I didn't notice it right away but when I did I was concerned about what Makinna would think of it, as she is a bit funny about "scary" stuff. After about 10 min I saw her look at and get a funny look on her face. She then looked all around the restaurant at all the other pictures. Then she leaned over to me and said very seriously and very quietly "Mommy...We're at the scary lady table!" I almost fell over I laughed so hard. I told her that they were not ladies but men in a rock band. She looked a little confused and said "well why are they dressed like ladies?" Again I almost lost my lunch!
If you know Makinna you know that she can go on and on about things. She talked all through lunch about the guys in the picture saying things like " I'm sure they are very old now and probably don't sing anymore" and my favorite "they are probably so old that if they tried to dance thier legs would break"
Having a 6yo definitly keeps you entertained.

No comments: