Monday, September 3, 2007

Off To Kindergarten




Makinna is officially off to school. She started kindergarten last Thursday and goes all day. She's been well prepared with preschool and kindergarten jump start this summer, but its still not the same as saying goodbye to your baby on the very first day of real kindergarten. I was fine getting her on the bus until it pulled away and then I got sniffy. Not because I don't want her to go to school, I am so ready for her to go and so is she. Its just the end of an era. The end of having them under your wing. For the first time in her entire life she will be spending more time with someone else than with her own parents. I hope I have instilled good manners and values in her and a good work ethic that will make her successful in school. I think I have because in the last month I have had 3 different people compliment me on what a sweet, polite and caring little girl she is. I like to take some of the credit but much of that she was born with.


Gage however did not do so well with is "Bebe" being gone. He cried when she got on the bus the second day, and several times throughout the day he would look at me and say "Bebe?" I would tell him that she was at school and would come home on the bus. When it was time for her to come home I asked him "Do you want to go wait for Bebe and the bus?" He squealed with delight and stood at the end of the driveway jumping up and down and repeating "bus" and "Bebe" until they finally came. He walked up to her and hugged her and gave her a kiss. (He does not GIVE hugs and kisses often, he mostly tolerates receiving them)


Most of all I am soooo proud of my little girl. She ran off to the bus with a smile and a wave. She is growing into a truly fantastic little girl, and I'm glad she's mine.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Awww! :) So cute, and such a proud mommy moment. :)