Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Waiting For The Other Shoe.

Things have been so good lately. We seem to have a good balance with Gage's meds. He's been happy and cooperative for the most part. I've been hearing really good things from school about how good he's doing. Gage and Makinna have even been playing. Life is good. But for how long? I try to enjoy this but I'm afraid to get too comfortable with these changes because they can be gone with the wind at any moment.
My fears were realized last Saturday when Gage woke up in a mood. He was cranky, irritable, and whiny. My heart broke. "Here we go" I thought "back to the tantrums and the crying. I don't think I can handle it." I cried. I cried at the thought of losing my happy little boy to the whiny devil that gives me no rest. He did calm down for a party we went to and did well for trick or treat.
Sunday came and I woke up wondering what the day would bring. What little boy would come out of that room this morning? Turns out it was my sweet little boy. The regression had been just one day. Phew! I felt like I dodged a bullet. Maybe the tide is turning. Maybe God knew I just could not handle going backward. Maybe he was just having a bad day.

No comments: