Thursday, January 24, 2008

Its always something!

Well another therapist bites the dust! Just when I think we have all of Gage's therapy hours covered someone quits. The girl was very sweet and nice but she really was getting no where with Gage. This was her first job out of college and I don't think working with autistic kids is her calling. So now we once again go looking for another therapist when there aren't any.
I tell ya! Getting services for an autistic child is a full time job in itself. It seems I'm always on the phone setting up evaluations, appointments, or I'm going to meetings or taking him to therapy. Or I have to call someone to light a fire under thier ass because something isn't being done. It's no wonder I'm overweight, overtired, and overwhelmed. But being all of those things does nothing to help my son. So I pick my self up, brush myself off and drive forword.
Now you'll have to excuse me I have a fire to light.

1 comment:

Dana said...

We always had a hard time finding good therapists and then keeping them. Usually they lasted between 2 and 6 months!

Dana